Sunday, January 15, 2012

Michelle Williams Wins Golden Globe For Best Actress - MTV.com

Michelle Williams has come a long way since her "Dawson's Creek" days. On Sunday night (January 15), the pixie-haired actress took the stage to accept her prize for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical for her chameleon-like turn as silver-screen icon Marilyn Monroe in "My Week With Marilyn."

"I consider myself a mother first and an actress second, and so the person I most want to thank is my daughter, my little girl [Matilda Ledger], whose bravery and exuberance is the example I take with me in my work and in my life. I want to say thank you for sending me off to this job every day with a hug and kiss," she gushed in her Jason Wu gown. "I couldn't have done it otherwise. You kept me so excited to come home at night and for suffering through six months of bedtime stories where the princesses were read out loud in a Marilyn Monroe-sounding voice.

"I could go on and on," she continued, thanking everyone from producer Harvey Weinstein to her longtime pal and former "Dawson's" co-star Busy Phillips, adding, "I wish I could go on and on; there's so many people to thank. Thank you to Hollywood Foreign Press Association for putting in my hands the same award that Marilyn Monroe herself won over fifty years ago. I'm honored."

In 1960, Monroe took home the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Actress in a Comedy or Musical for her iconic role in "Some Like It Hot." Williams has been nominated twice before, in 2005 for her work in "Brokeback Mountain" and again in 2010 for her role in "Blue Valentine." This is her first win.

Stick with MTV News all night for the 2012 Golden Globes winners, and don't miss all the fashion from the Golden Globes red carpet!

Continue Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment